今日头条新闻:IPC J-STD-001 Training and Certification Program
Translated Training Materials
内蒙古快三开奖号 www.mnxj.net Translated training materials for this program are available. Additional languages are continuously being added.
Creating Excellence in Electronics Assembly
The IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies has emerged as the preeminent authority for electronics assembly manufacturing. The standard describes materials, methods and verification criteria for producing high quality soldered interconnections. The standard emphasizes process control and sets industry-consensus requirements for a broad range of electronic products.
IPC received hundreds of requests from companies worldwide to support this critical standard with a formal training program that recognizes individuals as qualified instructors and provides them with teaching materials. Now, IPC has an industry developed and approved comprehensive, hands-on solder training and certification program based on J-STD-001 that gives companies all the tools they need to increase employee skills and performance.
How the Certification Program Works
IPC's J-STD-001 Training and Certification Program is built on a train-the-trainer instructional model. A company seeking to create an IPC Licensed J-STD-001 Certified IPC Trainer sends their candidate to an IPC Licensed J-STD-001 Certification Center. The training program uses soldering labs and demonstrations as well as classroom instruction to teach the standard criteria.
Certified IPC Trainer candidates who successfully complete the soldering workmanship portions of the course and the certification examination are given the instructional materials needed for training Application Specialists. The Application Specialists training is "modularized," meaning that training on the entire document is not required. Application Specialists must be trained on the introductory section, and then should be trained on additional modules covering: wires and terminals, through hole technology, surface mount technology and inspection as would be appropriate to daily activities. Note that completion of module 1 is the starting point and should be accompanied by one or more additional knowledge modules.
Instructor training requires the use of lead-free solder for at least 50% of the workmanship projects. The type of solder alloy used for application specialist training is optional, based on the needs of the company.
Download the course synopsis (schedule format)
IPC's J-STD-001 Training and Certification Program provides individuals with a valuable, portable credential that recognizes their understanding of the J-STD-001. This program is offered as a service to industry, therefore its adoption is not a precondition for any company to purchase the standard or claim that they build product to its requirements.
Those interested in company-wide quality assurance initiatives have an IPC-sponsored program to support their commitment to continuous operations and product improvement. IPC recognition sends a strong message to customers that your company is serious about implementing J-STD-001.
All IPC J-STD-001 Certified IPC Trainers receive the instructional materials for teaching the Certified IPC Specialist training course, including:
- Digital files (CD or Download) with full color visuals covering all aspects of the standard and training course
- Instructor guide content in the “Notes” section of the PowerPoint slides
- Copies of the J-STD-001 Handbook (IPC-HDBK-001), a copy of IPC-9191 General Guidelines for Implementation of Statistical Process Control (SPC), and a copy of the IPC-T-50 Terms and Definitions.
- Printable support materials
- Artwork for soldering test boards. (Certification Centers will provide standardized test boards for Certified IPC Trainer candidates. Test kits based on this artwork are recommended for Application Specialist soldering demonstrations.)
All training materials may be purchased from IPC only by Certified IPC Trainers and the companies they represent. Certified IPC Trainers may teach the course at any location and set a training fee, if applicable.
The term for a J-STD-001 Certified IPC Trainer is two years.
For a training center near you, please see the linked list of all Authorized Training Centers. [ link to //www.mnxj.net/ContentPage.aspx?pageid=IPC-Standards-Certification-Centers]
Who Should Become an IPC J-STD-001 Certified IPC Trainer?
Assembly process engineers, quality assurance supervisors, training managers and others responsible for the quality and reliability of soldered electronic assemblies are excellent candidates for the program.
Any company that uses J-STD-001 or is considering its adoption can use the program to address the training requirement identified in the standard.
While there are no formal entrance requirements, Certified IPC Trainer candidates must have excellent hand soldering skills and ideally, in training as well.
Topics Covered in the Registered Instructor Training Course
- Instructional skills and the roles and responsibilities of Certified IPC Trainers
- General requirements, such as safety, tools and electrostatic discharge (ESD)
- Wire and terminal assembly requirements, demonstrations and laboratory
- Through hole technology requirements, demonstrations and laboratory
- Surface mount technology requirements, demonstrations and laboratory
- General soldered connection acceptance requirements (including Lead Free)
- Machine and reflow soldering process requirements
- Test methods and related standards
- Using statistical process control methodology
Support for Training J001 Instructors
Support for Training J001 Application Specialists
Updates to Training Materials for Amendments
These files are being made available to update existing training PowerPoints in each of the indicated courses with the changes in the Amendments for each course.
To use the files:
Download the zipped files.
Edit your existing full training course PowerPoint files to include or replace the existing training slides as appropriate.
- Click on the link for the desired course.
Included with each zipped file is a “How to” PowerPoint. The “How To” PowerPoint includes step-by-step instructions for adding the amended slides (to train CITs) and for replacing the original slides with the amended slides (to train CIS).
Updates to Training Materials for Policy & Procedure:
The slides in the downloadable Zip files are the complete, module Policy and Procedure modules. The slides are intended to be used with revision 6 of the Policy and Procedures document.
Instructions for use:
- Download the files
- Unzip the PPT presentation
- Remove the existing PPT presentation from the training program
- Use the new, downloaded PPT presentation for presenting in training classes.